Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Success!!!

This is what success looks like to me today!


Success!

That would be 50 cc's of breastmilk!!!  I've spent days and days pumping 7, 10, 20 cc's and all of a sudden, BANG, 50 comes out.  I swear I felt like poor Lauren was starving to death, always looking hungry and rooting and making her baby bird face at me.



Hungry baby bird face

All the lactation consultants assured me that yes, eventually my milk would come in, and no, Lauren wouldn't starve as long as she was making X amount of dirty diapers per day.  But it's the worst feeling in the world, not being able to feed your child.

But now I'm thrilled to be able to go out and buy nursing bras and a nursing cover so I can nurse in public.  YAY!!!!!

Off to take a well deserved nap!

No comments: