Sunday, August 17, 2008

38 weeks, 2 days

Ugh.  Just 5 days until baby arrives, and I am counting the minutes.  My hands and feet get more and more swollen every day.  I wake up in the morning (supposedly the best time for edema) and my hands are already numb.  Not great for someone whose hobbies include knitting, Nintendo DS and using a computer all day.

But it's not all bad.  I have a new, desperately needed computer chair, at long last.  We finally found a good deal at Staples and pulled the trigger.  It's fantastic and comfortable, and I have it jacked way up high so it's easier for me to stand up out of.  I love it completely.

We're catching up on sleep and movies, since those are two things that will definitely go away after the baby is born.  We've seen the Dark Knight, Wall-E, and Tropic Thunder in the last few days.  Today, probably Vicky Cristina Barcelona.

At my last doctor visit, the doctor was feeling for the baby and totally looked surprised when he said "Hmmm, not that big!"  I guess maybe she'll be a normal size baby, although I was sort of figuring she'd be enormous, since I am enormous...  I guess there's no correlation.  Then when I was checking out, the lady at the front desk told me that my belly was "really tiny" for someone whose due date was so close.  Weird.

I will definitely, absolutely be going on a diet once the babe is born.  We were watching the mens shotput competition and I was astounded at how close my current weight is to theirs.  I DON'T WANT TO LOOK LIKE I AM A MALE SHOTPUTTER!!!!  I'm sure a lot of this weight is fluid and baby, but still...  I've been too heavy for far too long, and I want my daughter to look at me and not be ashamed.

So that's all for now...  C-section on Friday, unless she decides to come out before then...  


No comments: