Saturday, May 17, 2008

25 weeks

Life is pretty good now that school is over and I have my sanity back. I'm thrilled that I passed all my classes and am moving on to third year! Looks like the earliest I will be back to school is January. That just leaves one giant hurdle to cross before the baby is born - the USMLE step 1 exam. I'm taking it on June 28 and it basically covers all the information we've learned in the first 2 years.

It's gonna be tough.

So all is well with the baby. In 3 weeks I have my big test for gestational diabetes, and I'm starting to make the rounds with all the doctors in the practice. Any one of them could be delivering my baby (depending on who's on call) so I have to meet them all. I met with a midwife during this last appointment and she was fantastic. She asked me about a lot of things that the doctor never asked about. Very thorough.

We have tried and failed to find a crib! Every IKEA seems to be sold out. There are 4!!! in Toronto, and they were all sold out of every crib except the blue one. My mom seems to think the blue one wouldn't be so bad, but I just don't like it. It looks like Babies R Us has some decent ones for an okay price so maybe we'll look there next...

No comments: