Friday, November 7, 2008

She Sings!

Last night, Lauren did something really cool. Zampano's been telling me for a couple days that she will mimic him if he sings to her. So I tried singing lots of songs to her - Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, the ABC song, Happy Birthday.... Didn't work. She didn't seem impressed at all.

So then he showed me what he was doing - just singing 3 notes at a time. If you do that, she'll sometimes give you a huge smile of recognition, and then she'll try and copy it. She doesn't always get it right - sometimes she doesn't sing back 3 notes, just 2, but it's incredibly cool that we're actually COMMUNICATING!!!! Even after we stopped playing the game last night she kept on singing - in her swing, on her play mat....

I shot an incredibly long video of last night's attempt, but it's too huge to put on flickr. I have to edit it down, or shoot a shorter one. It's coming though!

No comments: