Friday, September 12, 2008

3 weeks

Lauren at 3 days...
homecoming

and at 3 weeks!
DSCN1443


She's really filling out nicely!  Her newborn clothes fit a lot better now.  Won't be long before we're moving on to the next size.  Zampano bought some onesies for her and we're hoping to at least get one use out of each before she outgrows them.  These PJ's are the best though since it's already starting to get chilly here in Syracuse.

One of my favorite times of day are those early morning feedings when we curl up together on the couch and fall asleep.  She always starts breathing heavy and her eyes roll back in her head.  Then she'll squeak and grunt, and do some stretching.  It's the cutest thing ever.  I think she's starting to have trouble sleeping without me though, which is a bit hard, since occasionally I like to shower and do other things.  But she's still so young and I really don't want to deny her anything.  For now Miss Lauren gets whatever she wants. 

In bad news, my post-baby weight loss seems to have stalled.  For a while there, I was losing 1 or 2 pounds a day (probably all water).  And now I'm stuck at 12 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight.  Time to start cutting back on the chocolate, I guess! :)

The horrifying cystic hormonal acne has not yet decided to leave, or even improve...  Maybe it's the breastfeeding, maybe the extra weight.  Most likely it's the lack of birth control pills.  Maybe a combination of all of the above, since I NEVER had acne like this before I got pregnant.  The worst of it is on my jawline, but it's all over the place - back, shoulders, chest.  I've got these awesome giant boobs and can't show them off!  It's a disgrace! :)  Anyway, I guess I never planned to breastfeed forever so at most it'll be a couple more months.  Maybe I'll go see a dermatologist...

No comments: