Monday, July 7, 2008

Home Again

Well, I'm back home after a trip to Virginia for my baby shower.  My amazing MIL and Zampano's aunt threw it for me and it was fantastic.  We ate lots of delicious food and I could not believe how many people showed up!  Several people made long road trips to be there!  Two people hand-crocheted baby blankets for Baby Girl, and she got tons and tons of presents!  I was overwhelmed with everyone's generosity.  We had so much stuff that it looks like my parents will have to drive it all up when they visit for the baby's birth.

The games were really fun, and it was just such a fun, happy time.  I met a lot of new people and it was so good to see Zampano's cousins, who were so excited about the baby.  I can't wait for her to meet everyone at Christmas.  We haven't decided yet whether we're going to drive or fly.  Which is better with a 4 month old?  Both sound pretty daunting to me.

In other news, my big medical licensing exam is in 10 days and it's definitely time to get down to business.  Suddenly time has really started to fly.  I really, really do not want to have to push my date back again, (all the available dates are in August) so I'm hoping that I can get a lot of cramming done in the next few days.  I've pushed back all my prenatal classes and even a doctor's appointment so I will have no interruptions in the coming week.

Wish me luck!!!

No comments: