Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Time for Change

Got on the scale this morning after a weekend away and BOY was I surprised.  And not in a good way.  When I first met with the doctor about my pregnancy, one of my first questions was about how much weight I should gain, being already overweight.  He said to try to keep it at around 15-20 pounds.  Well folks, at just over halfway through my pregnancy, I'm at 14 pounds...  And you're supposed to gain most of it in the third trimester.  Gulp.  

I can't remember the last time I put on my sneakers.  Will they still even fit my obese feet?  It's definitely time to make some lifestyle changes.  After feeling sick during my first trimester, I've been making up for lost time in the second, eating candy and chocolate and doughnuts like there's no tomorrow.  I do not want to give birth to a 20 pound baby!!!

Time to go to the store and stock up on veggies, chicken breasts and egg beaters.  And put on those damn sneakers and go for a long walk.  Ugh.

No comments: