Thursday, April 17, 2008

21 weeks

Nothing too big to report this week.  It's time to buckle down and get some work done.  Got a big test on Friday the 25th and then a whole bunch of finals to worry about.  I've seen Zampano for the last time before the end of school.  But the reward at the end of all this is that we will move him and all his goodies (Bigger TV!  Comfy couch!) up to Syracuse!  We'll also be buying the crib and changing table from IKEA, so we can start setting up the nursery.  

I am going to miss Pittsburgh a lot!  It's a fun city with lots of good restaurants, great shopping (Trader Joe's, IKEA, Costco).  But I'll miss his neighborhood, Squirrel Hill, the most.  It's a great neighborhood with everything you need just a short walk away - grocery store, movie theaters, restaurants, Barnes & Noble...  There's a gorgeous park nearby with lots of trails and lit tennis courts.  He lived there happily for 2 years without a car, and was even able to take the bus to the airport.

Syracuse has its advantages too.  It's 4 hours from NYC, Boston, Philly, Toronto...  The state fair in August is lots of fun (especially the huge bunny show!), and it's a good place to raise a family.  You really do get used to the snow after awhile.  I guess growing up in the South I always get a magical feeling when I see it snowing outside.  Like, YAY, no school!

Anyway, back to the grind.  I don't know how I'll make it through the next few weeks but it sure will be nice when it's over!  Then I have to settle in and study for the USMLE.  It never ends :)

No comments: