Monday, April 14, 2008

The Fun Part

One of the other moms at my school was telling me that the second trimester was her favorite, and up until this week, I wasn't really sure what all the fuss was about.  I definitely get it now.  It's so much fun to feel the baby kicking around in there.  Every day when I head to school, it's about a 10 minute walk and up 3 flights of stairs.  My heart is usually pounding by that point (yes, I really am that out of shape) and so when I sit down to class, baby girl just goes CRAZY.  For weeks I had felt her moving but wasn't sure if it was really the baby.   It doesn't feel like I had imagined it would.  I'd imagined it would be more obvious - to me it feels like your heart pounding after a good workout, but much lower down.

Baby girl definitely loves her dad!  When he talked to her over the weekend through my belly, she gave the biggest, best kicks I've ever felt!  I'm sure the two of them will be best friends as soon as they meet. :)


No comments: